Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Hold On



“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us. “  Ephesians 3:20

Dear Heavenly Father, we ask for You to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think in the ministry of Deeper Still.  We ask for you to provide above all we can ask or think.  We ask for You to pour out Your Spirit in ways above what we could ask or think.  We ask for You to reveal Yourself in ways that are beyond what we could ask or think.  To You  be all the glory and honor!  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
On Sunday morning of the last retreat, we sat overlooking the mountains of East Tennessee.  A fifteen foot cross draped with red, white, and purple billows stood in the forefront, shadowing the awe-striking view.  A team member was passing out communion to the Deeper Still retreat participants.
   
 I could only see the back of him, the male participant who had come from Indiana.  This participant came as a result of a series of events that had taken place at the Illinois retreat,  where a man had received Christ (at an all female retreat—long story!) Now, this man’s friend was at the retreat in Tennessee and he too had received Christ during the weekend.
The team member passing out communion came to this man from Indiana and asked, “Is this your first communion?”  I saw the man nod , “yes”. 

Immediately, tears.  Tears turned into sobs as I reflected on how God went after the “one” from Indiana and brought him to Tennessee to hear the gospel and experience salvation in Christ Jesus.  All of it starting from a man going to the Illinois retreat, who wasn’t intended to be there, hearing the gospel and also coming into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.  AMAZING!
    
The man from Indiana came to the retreat despondent and hopeless.  He left filled with hope and with a renewed life within. 

All of this was just too much for me.  Jesus had overwhelmed me and all the Deeper Still team members once again.  As I sat sobbing, I told the Lord over and over again that He was just too much.  There is just no end to His faithfulness and life transforming power!  And to think He let us even have a slight part in it all—again amazing.
The Lord answered me as I poured out my praise…He said with a smile( I could tell He was smiling), 

“Hold on, you haven’t seen anything yet!”

Our God amazes me.  I don’t know all He has in store for Deeper Still or for the ones He loves, but I do know one thing…It will be exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think!   

No comments:

Post a Comment