Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Keep on Running

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Father, we pray for the Deeper Still team to not become weary in well doing.  Father, we pray for you to encourage and strengthen the Deeper Still team and chapter leaders. Equip them, and help them in all they need to run the race set before them with all eyes on You.  Lord, thank you that your Word says we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.  

We all have a race to run.  Our roads all look different, but the finish line is the same--Jesus!  All along the road, there are many opportunities to grow tired and give up the race in front of us.  Friends, no matter your race, God wants you to finish.  Today's post is written by a dear friend of mine and a member of the Deeper Still Team, Paula Jacobson-Mol. Thank you for sharing your heart and inspiring words with us today!

The race we are in is an ongoing process, one which takes perseverance and strength--strength from the Lord.  Without Him, we can do nothing.

I am a runner.  I believe God has me running, not necessarily for the health of it, but for parallels to help me understand my walk with Him. Hy headband reads, "Jesus is my running Coach"...and He truly is!  So, I ran a race last Saturday and in the last mile and half or so there was a big hill...not a good time to encounter a big hill! I was already tired and worn down (Not that a hill is EVER anything enjoyable!).  I heard God say as sweat dripped from my brow and my breaths became deep and labored:

"Paula, keep your eyes on the top of the hill, Jesus is up there, just run to Him, DO NOT look down at the pavement and what the others are doing or not doing.  Just keep on running, one foot in front of the other and keep your eyes on Jesus! You WILL get there!"

Just like in your spiritual walk, you are going to have some obstacles and some tough spots to word around, people to work around, and the enemy will try to throw obstacles in your path.  But, just keep your eyes on the Prize.  Just keep fighting the good fight of faith...keep running your race!

Paula, I loved this devotional. Thank you so much for sharing today!





No comments:

Post a Comment