Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thank You! {A Testimony of One Life Changed}



“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15

Dear Lord in Heaven,  how can we thank you enough.  Oh Lord, we give You thanks and praise for Your wondrous works!  Thank you for sending Jesus to set the captives free.  Thank you that because of Your love, we can live in freedom.  Our lives truly have been changed.  It is with all praise, glory and honor due Your Holy Name, that we pray. Amen.

To all those who support Deeper Still, we give thanks! Thank you for giving.  Thank you for donating time and financial resources.  Thank you for praying.  Thank you for serving.  We love you!  Through your time and resources, you are changing lives!  The following was an email we received from one of our male participant from the last retreat in Knoxville, TN.  It is with his permission that I am sharing this today.  On behalf of this man and all others touched by this ministry (myself including!), we say THANK YOU!!!!

"I have purposely refrained from saying anything because I wanted to give myself time to see if all this was real or just an emotional weekend that faded away as the days rolled by.

I generally cringe whenever I hear someone say something "changed my life" because, let's face it, that's a pretty tall order.  I mean, really?  It actually changed your life?  
How pliable one must be, I thought; That could never happen to me, as my clay had hardened into an impenetrable shell long ago and every retreat, program or lesson had only left me more hopeless than before.  Truthfully, I was sure that's what our weekend was going to be like, but I was desperate for healing.  Real healing!

Praise God!  What a life changing, awesome weekend I had.  Yeah, I know! I said "life changing".  And I truly mean it.  

I had carried around shame, guilt, fear, anger, sadness and hopelessness for what seemed like an eternity, but Jesus reached into my heart and removed all that junk.  At the same time He replaced it with a peace I haven't felt in a long time, if ever.  Words can't describe the monumental shift that has taken place in me.

I honestly feel/know that God has forgiven me and is not holding a grudge or waiting to destroy me.  I think what really put the icing on the cake was at the end of the song played during the memorial on Sunday.  When the child asked God what her mother had done, and He replied, "I don't remember".  Man, that still brings tears to my eyes.   He doesn't remember!!!

I want to thank everyone involved with the Deeper Still team (those we saw and those we didn't), and my sisters and brother that walked this journey and shared your souls with me.  

I pray for y'all daily and hope that God continues to bless you richly.  

Deeper Still team:  I can't thank you enough for your humble, selfless service to us and the attention to detail that brought much needed closure and made the weekend one that I'll remember for the rest of my life.

My heart is full of love for all my brothers and sisters!" – Keith (a man whose life was changed because of your giving.)

If you would like to donate to Deeper Still, find out how you can get involved, or if you need to come to a retreat and experience for yourself what awaits you on the mountain, please go to www.godeeperstill.org


No comments:

Post a Comment