Monday, October 17, 2016

Why Do You Love Me So Much?

“That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.”  Ephesians 3:16-19
Father, I pray for the Deeper Still team to have a greater revelation of Your love.  Lord, I pray that You would strengthen us through Your spirit in our inner man, that Christ will dwell in our hearts through faith and that we would be rooted deep and grounded in Your love, that we would know the love of Christ even beyond our understanding so we may be filled with the fullness of Your love to share with others.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
The room was filled with sounds of praise as we worshiped together Saturday night at the Deeper Still Retreat.  The presence of the Lord was strong and I could feel His pleasure and happiness at His daughters and sons from separate ends of the earth (China and US) worshiping together exalting Him in awe of all He had done in the hearts of the participants and team that weekend.  
As I worshiped and tears poured from my eyes, hands lifted in total abandon, I became overwhelmed with His goodness.  My heart whispered, “Why Lord?  Why do you love me so much?”  I thought of the beating He endured for me as the Roman soldiers prepared Him for the cruel death He would suffer.  I thought about Him hanging, bear and exposed, with the pain of nails pounded into his bones and skin.  The more I thought of it, the more overwhelmed I became with His love.  Yes, I was feeling His love at that moment during praise and worship, but this love was always and constant. It is a love that existed before I was even born, even before the foundations of the world.  It always was and always will be.  It is more than my human heart can comprehend.  
As a child, we sing, “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”  Yes and amen, but also Jesus loves me this I know, more than just because the Bible tells me so.  He demonstrates His love over and over again.  He demonstrated it in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).  And that would have been more than enough.  But yet, He continually displays His love for us in the everyday.  It really is above and beyond anything I can ask, think or imagine.  I pray I would know His love more.  I pray I would be more aware of His love so that I, in turn, can be filled with His love to pour out to others.  

May we truly be rooted and grounded in love and filled with the fullness of love.  Perhaps that is the reason He loves us so much.    

No comments:

Post a Comment