Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Watch. See. Join

“Your people shall be volunteers in the day of Your power…” Psalms 110:3a

Father, thank You for sending volunteers with willing hearts to give of their gifts, talents and abilities to the ministry of Deeper Still.   Thank you for providing for every need of Deeper Still in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

“Watch to see where God is working and join Him.” – Henry Blackeby, Experiencing God

Less than forty-eight hours had passed since I made the long ascent up the mountain to my Deeper Still Retreat.  Twenty-four hours earlier, I was still wondering God’s purpose for bringing me to the retreat.  Much can change in twenty-four hours.
   
My entire body sank deep into the soft leather surrounding me.  My relaxed posture reflected the peace of my soul.  Gazing out of the pristine windows, the mountaintops danced with raindrops signaling a fresh cleansing.  Joy oozed from my countenance like the morning dew announcing to all a new day was beginning.

My eyes connected with Emily, my dear friend and Deeper Still Team member.  My heart was alive, full of experiencing God in a whole new way, and on a level unlike anything I had ever known in the past.   No words could fully express my gratitude to her for telling me about Deeper Still.  Stricken of words, I signaled the American Sign Language sign for “Thank you” across the room to Emily. She understood.  Tears filled her beautiful eyes.

Overwhelmed with thankfulness, I marveled at all the Lord had done not only in me, but also in all the other Deeper Still participants sitting in the room.  It had only been a little under forty-eight hours.  How could this be?  I knew all the Lord had done in me.  I was forever changed.  However, it wasn’t just me.  In every seat, every face was shining and radiant full of the beauty and smitten with joy.

At that moment, I knew.  I knew I had to be a part of whatever God was doing in this ministry.  Never before had I seen or been a part of God moving in this way.  Henry Blackeby’s quote played like a symphony in my newly opened ears:

“Watch to see where God is working and join Him.”

God just shows up at these retreats.  He just likes this ministry.  I can’t explain it.

This ministry is special and if you are around it for any amount of time, it is evident.  To see the team working together with various forms of spiritual gifts and talents all for one common purpose --seeing the captives set free—is beautiful to witness.  What a blessing it is to be a part of this unique ministry where God is moving!  And you, my praying friends, are a part of that move of God.
 
Thank you for being a volunteer in the day of His power.  Thank you for joining Him in His powerful work of setting the captives free and transforming His sons and daughters into the image of His glory. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?



No comments:

Post a Comment