Wednesday, May 28, 2014

When I Kept Silent

“When I kept silent, my bones grew old through my groaning all the day long.  For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was turned into the drought of summer.  I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden.  I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,’ and You forgave the iniquity of my sin…You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. “ 
Psalm 32: 3-5, 7

Dear Lord, many are silent, living in a secret prison on shame.  Father, I pray for those who are harboring the hidden sin of abortion to have the courage to step into the light of Your saving grace.  Father, I pray they would trust You to cover their sin, preserve their life, and surround them with songs of deliverance.  Lord, the silence needs to be broken.  The truth needs to be declared so others can also step out into the light and be released from the shackles of darkness and for life to prevail.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Too many are silent.  If every voice was set free to speak the truth about the sin of abortion, there would be a great outcry that would do tremendous damage to the kingdom of darkness.
 
All day long the Lord has been prompting me to write this post.  All day long I have been busy with other obligations and duties.  At the end of the day, I lain in bed with the Lord’s hand heavy upon me and I knew I had to write about speaking out and being a voice for the voiceless.
 
Lifenews.com reports that 85% of women who have had an abortion, reported negative mental health issues.  (And I’d say that is low!)  This report contrasts drastically with Prochoice.org which states that negative effects from an abortion are a myth.
 
We are in a spiritual battle and the enemy doesn’t want the truth to be known.   Silence only fuels the fires of the enemy’s lies. 

For years I kept silent.  No more.  My heart breaks for those who believe that there are no adverse effects from abortion.  I pray our voices of truth would resonate loudly in every ear destroying the deceits of darkness and flooding the lines with light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment