Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Higher Rock

“Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.  For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.”  Psalm 61:1-4

Dear Heavenly Father, we cry out to You.  Lord, when the Deeper Still Team is overwhelmed with the great work You have entrusted to them, lead them to the Rock that is higher.  I pray the Deeper Still Team members would keep their focus on the Rock.  Thank you for sheltering Karen, the Deeper Still staff, and team members, thank you for keeping them safe under the shadow of Your wings.  In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen.

I had full intentions of turning to Psalm 91 this morning.  However, in the fogginess of my morning mind, I flipped to Psalm 61.  While I realized I was on the wrong scripture, I thought I would read it in the slight chance it wasn’t the haziness of my mind that led me there.
 
I don’t know about you, but there are times when my heart is overwhelmed.   There are times I feel like I am in the deep flailing about looking for someone to rescue me.   When we cannot touch the bottom of the watery depths, and the waves begin crashing around us overwhelming our strength, we become desperate for something to hold onto and climb upon out of the tumultuous terrain.

We need a Rock that is higher, a Rock we can climb on out of the crushing current that fights to keep us overpowered by its oppressive force.  The Rock is a refuge, a strong tower that protects us from the enemy.  We are safe on the Rock.  In the shelter of His wings, we can find rest.  He is there to lift us up out of the depths and place on safely on His Firm Foundation. 

May your heart rest upon the Higher Rock today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment