Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Robe of Righteousness

"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord.  My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness."  Isaiah 61:10

Father, we do greatly rejoice in You!   Father, we pray for every participant coming to the retreat this weekend to throw away their rags of bondage and put on the new clothes you have for them! We pray they would put on the garments of salvation and Your robe of righteousness.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.     

During the worship service Sunday, I sang praises to my King with hands held high.  My eyes were closed tightly as to not let a moment of envisioning being with my King escape from sight.

As I sang, I had a vision. I stood in a great throne room.  Jesus walked toward me.  He came into view holding a mantle whiter than any freshly fallen snow and brighter than the most brilliant of stars.

When Jesus reached me, He looked into my eyes and placed the mantle on my shoulders.  He said, "This is your robe of righteousness."  Then, He led me by the hand to the throne of Grace.  All I could do was fall on my knees and weep at His goodness, grace and mercy.

The King of Glory then lifted me up and embraced me.

Wow.  This King of ours is so awesome.  What an amazing love!

This vision reminded me of a stanza in a song we sang at our last Deeper Still prayer meeting to prayerfully prepare for the retreat coming up this weekend.  The verse was from the song, "Cornerstone" by Hillsong.

"Dressed in His Righteousness alone, faultless stand before the throne." 

My prayer is for every participant coming to the retreat this weekend to have a revelation of His glorious mercy and grace.  I pray for them to exchange whatever rags of bondage they come in wearing for the pure beauty of the robe of His Righteousness.  Thank you for praying for the upcoming retreat with us!  Setting the captives free!!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLxZEU02uI

No comments:

Post a Comment